Candy Crush Saga is an electronic game that was released on April 12, 2012 for Facebook, and then released on November 14, 2012 forsmartphones. It was developed by King. As of March 2013, Candy Crush Saga surpassed FarmVille 2 as the most popular game on Facebook, with 46 million average monthly users. It is a variation on their browser game Candy Crush.
This game is a variation of match-three games such as Bejeweled. Each level has a game board filled with differently colored candies, and might contain obstacles. The basic move of this game is horizontally or vertically swapping the positions of two adjacent candies, to create sets of three (or more) candies of the same color.
This game is separated into levels, and each level has its own requirements to complete. These requirements include eliminating certain ingredients, removing gel-covered candies, or simply reaching a certain score. The Facebook version of Candy Crush Saga currently has 455 levels, and a new set of levels is released approximately every 3 weeks. The smartphone versions of Candy Crush Saga currently have 410 levels.
Candy Crush Saga will sometimes require a player to unlock a level before it can be played. A level can be unlocked by asking Facebook friends for help, or by paying Facebook credits.
Special Candy Combinations
- Tiffi: Tiffi (short for Toffette) is the main character of the game. She is a blonde girl with pigtails. She travels around the game map, and helps others with their problems.
- Mr. Toffee: Mr. Toffee is a tall man with orange hair. He helps the player when they first start playing Candy Crush Saga.
Candy Crush Saga had over ten million downloads in December 2012 alone.
Candy Crush Saga is popular on Facebook having more than 42 million likes on the application page. It is the most popular app on Facebook and the highest-grossing app in the Apple and Google app stores.
Candy Crush Saga has received particular attention in the Hong Kong media, with reports that one in seven Hong Kong citizens plays the game.
As of July 2013, it has been estimated that Candy Crush Saga has about 6.7 million active users and earns revenue of $633,000 per day.
- "Candy Crush Saga - Wiki Guide". Gamewise.
- San Francisco Chronicle Thursday, March 28, 2013 Business Report "Tech Chronicles" Page C2
- "Application Analytics for Facebook, iOS and Android". AppData. Retrieved 2013-04-27.
- "Candy Crush browser game".
- "FAQs - Candy Crush Saga". King.com.
- "The Top F2P Monetization Tricks". Gaasutra.
- Woollaston, Victoria. "Candy Crush Saga soars above Angry Birds to become WORLD'S most popular game". Daily Mail. Associated Newspapers Ltd. Retrieved 20 May 2013.
- 4/17/13 7:00am 4/17/13 7:00am. "Is PSY's "Gentleman" Video Just a Giant Commercial?". Kotaku.com. Retrieved 2013-04-27.
- Buffa, Chris. "Candy Crush Saga: Played By Every Seventh Person In Hong Kong Daily". Modojo.