Golden Slumber is a 2018 South Korean action thriller film directed by Noh Dong-seok, starring Gang Dong-won, Kim Eui-sung, Kim Sung-kyun, Kim Dae-myung, Han Hyo-joo and Yoon Kye-sang. It is based on the 2007 Japanese novel of the same name written by Kōtarō Isaka.
A presidential candidate is assassinated as part of a conspiracy, and a deliveryman has to flee for his life when he is framed and the evidence against him begins to accumulate.
- Gang Dong-won as Kim Gun-woo
- A reliable and friendly package delivery worker who gains unexpected fame when he saves a pop star. However, his life changes when he is falsely accused of a terrorist attack that kills a presidential candidate.
- Kim Eui-sung as Mr. Min
- A mysterious man who helps Gun-woo after he is accused of being an assassin.
- Kim Sung-kyun as Geum-chul
- A computer repair man
- Kim Dae-myung as Dong-gyu
- A band-mate and a close friend of Gun-woo from college, who is now a divorce lawyer.
- Han Hyo-joo as Sun-young
- A radio reporter who went to college with Gun-woo and also his first love.
- Yoon Kye-sang as Moo-yeol (special appearance)
- Gun-woo’s friend who is tasked with capturing him.
Los Angeles Times noted, "The movie ultimately paints mass media cynicism as its real villain, noting how a sensationalist press and a gullible public allow amoral creeps to spread dangerous lies."
National Post response for the film was "A confused but lively hour-and-three-quarters".
Yonhap News Agency reviewed the movie to have "all the right ingredients to become a box office hit" however, "it appears to have lost balance when it tried to put in as many ingredients as possible."