1. What is your name? / Can I have your name, please? 2. What is your application number?
3. When were you born? / When is your birthday? / What is your date of birth?
4. Where were you born? / Where is your birthplace? / Where are you (originally) from?
5. What is your birthplace famous for? / Advertise your birthplace. Tell me something about your birthplace.
6. Do you like raw fish? Do you enjoy eating live octopus?
7. How tall are you? / What is your height? How heavy are you? What is your weight?
8. How many members are there in your family? Who are they?
9. What is your father's job? / What does your father do for a living? Are you proud of his job? / Do you brag about him? Describe your father's personality. / What is his character like?
10. Are you a student? / Do you go to school? Which school do you go to? If not, which university or college did you graduate from?
11. What is[was] your major? / What did you specialize in? What do you think of your major? / Why did you choose it as your major?
12. Did you join in any group of extracurricular activities during your school days? What position did you hold[take up] in the group? What did you learn through the activities? / Did you take part in any voluntary activities for the community?
13. How long does it take to get here from Pusan? how did you come here (this time)? / What did you do[think] in[on] the train[bus; airplane]?
14. Do you spend much time talking to your family? If so, what is the topic about? If not, why?
15. What is the philosophy[motto] of your family? / Who set up that motto? / Do you try to live by that motto? 16. How is your health? / Have you ever been hospitalized? Have you been seriously ill[sick]? If so, why? For how long?
17. Do you have any visible scars on your body?
18. What do you do to keep yourself fit[in good shape]?
19. The job of a stewardess requires good health and much patience. Are you used to standing for a long time? 20. What is your hobby? / What are your hobbies?
21. What is your talent? What are you good at? / Can you do something that many others can't do? Do you have any licenses or qualification certificates?
22. What do you think your personality is like? What do other people say about your character? Would you describe yourself as reserved or outgoing?
23. Tell me your strong points and weak points.
24. Out of 100 points, how many points would you give to yourself any why?
25. Can you introduce yourself? Please tell me about yourself.
26. have you ever travelled[been] abroad[overseas]? If so, where to, for how long and what for?
27. Which country would you like to visit[travel]? Why there?
28. What is your favorite sport? I need to lose my weight. What would you suggest me to do?
29. How do you usually spend your free time? What do you do when you are free? What do you usually do on weekends? What did you do last weekend? What is your plan after this interview? What do you plan to do this weekend?
30. Do you enjoy cooking? / What can you cook well? How do you make it? / Can you give me the recipe?
31. Do you know how Chollado food different from that of Kyoungsangdo?
32. How often do you help your mother with her housework? What do you do to help her? / How do you help her?
33. Please name a person, beside[other than] your parents, that respect most. / Why do you respect him[her]? 34. What kind of books do you enjoy reading? What is the most impressive book you have read so far? Why was it so impressive to you? Was it a bestseller?
35. What kind of movies do you like? What was the most impressive movie you've seen so far? / Who is your favorite movie [TV] star?
36. What kind of music do you like? Who is your favorite singer?
37. What is your blood type?
38. What is a friend to you? / How do you define a friend? What is your definition of a friend?
39. Tell me about your best friend and how you help each other.
40. Do you have a boyfriend? If so, how often do you go on date[have a date] with him? Tell me something about your boyfriend.
41. A handsome[good-looking] passenger asks you to dinner. Would you accept his invitation?
42. How do you think about marrying someone who is not a Korean?
43. What type of a man would you marry?
44. What is[was] your favorite subject at school? What subject did[do] you hate to study? Why?
45. Who paid for your education?
46. Did you have any part-time job? Where at? For how long? / What was the most difficult thing working the part-time job? / What did the job make you realize?
47. did you have a full-time job? If you did, why did you quit the job?
48. If you are hired, how do you think your majoring subject can contribute to your work as a stewardess?
49. You are a student and if you are hired, what will you do with your schooling now?
50. If you suddenly have 500, 000 won, what will you do with it[how will you spend it?
51. After you are hired and get your first pay, what would you purchase first with it and why?
52. If you fail to be hired this time, will you try for the second time?
53. How many times do you look at yourself in the mirror everyday and what do you check?
54. What basic principle do you apply to your life?
55. What do you expect from your future?
56. Do you believe that you are qualified to become a flight Why must we hire you?
57. Why do you want to be a stewardess?/Why did you decide[make up your mind] to become a flight attendant?
58. What is your impression on a stewardess?
59. What do you think are some important characteristics for a flight attendant?
60. What do you think are the good parts and the bad parts in working as a stewardess?
61. Would you agree that it is the responsibility for the flight attendant to keep the aircraft clean?
62. How would you conduct yourself[behave] in case of emergency during flight?
63. Have you ever flown with Singapore Airlines? If yes, tell me how you enjoyed the flight. Is there anything you would like to suggest for our better service?
64. Why did you apply for our airlines? What made you apply for a job in our company?
65. Tell me where and how you learned about the job opening here?
66. Have you applied for a job in our company?/What have you done to prepare for this test?/How have you prepared for this test?
67. What would you say to the passenger who is smoking while the' NO SMOKING' sign is on?
68. You spilled tomato juice or hot coffee on a passenger due to sudden turbulence. What would you say to the passenger?
69. What would you do if a heavily drunken passenger asks for more alcoholic drinks?
70. What would you do if an economy-class passenger asks for first-class meal?
71. What would you do if a passenger gets angry with you with no clear reason or a passenger speaks a strange language to you?
72. What if a passenger pinches or touches your hips[buttocks]?
73. How would you react if our company new policy is to massage the passengers in the cabin or sing to amuse them?
74. What do your family and friends say about your intention[plan] to become a stewardess?
75. If you are hired by us, you will have to live[stay] abroad where many things are different and strange. Do you think you can adapt yourself to new circumstances easily? 76. How long do you intend[plan] to work with us?/ Would you continue working even after you are married? / What if your husband has different opinion and opposes to your intention?
77. Tell me what you are wearing today.
78. What is the weather like today? What is the weather forecast for tomorrow?
79. Which season are we in now? / In which months is it cold [hot] in korea?/ In which season is Christmas in Korea?
80. What holiday is (on) October 3 in Korea?
81. Where did you learn English?/ Do you speak any other foreign languages besides English? If so, can you introduce yourself or sing a song in that language?
82. Have you studied[Did you study] at any special institute to become a stewardess?/What did you learn there?/ Was it helpful for you to prepare to become a stewardess?
83. Assuming[Supposing] that you are a stewardess and your senior staff is much younger than you are, what would your attitude (towards him[her]) be?
84. How many TV channels are available in Pusan[Taegu] and what are they?
85. What does EBS[LATA;ICAO] stand for?
86. Tell us what you've done since you got up this morning?
87. What is your favorite holiday? and why?
89. How did you celebrate[spend] your last birthday?
90. What is happiness to you?/ When was the happiest[saddest] moment so far in your life?
91. What do you do when you are angry?
92. Tell us about the most valuable possession. Why is it so valuable to you?
93. Tell us the major current events published in today's newspaper.
94. How much is the city local bus fare in Pusan[Taegu]?
95. Which places would you recommend a foreigner who wants to go sightseeing in Korea? Why there?
96. What is the population of Pusan and Korea?
97. What are the major tourist attractions of Pusan[Taegu]?
98. Where is Cheju Island located?
99. What is the currency and the exchange rate for US dollar in Korea?
100. Do you want to know anything more about our company?
- My character is more outward-looking in a word. I always try to consider things positively and enjoy my life.
제 성격은 한마디로 외향적입니다. 저는 항상 모든 일을 긍정적으로 사고하며 즐겁게 생활하려고 노력하고 있습니다.
2) What would you say are your defects?
당신의 단점은 뭐라고 생각하십니까?
- Well, I'm afraid I approach things hurriedly.
글쎄요, 저는 모든 일에 좀 성급하게 덤벼드는 편입니다.
- I'm reserved. Mother comforts me that's because I'm cautious. As I think it is unfavorable to me, I'm trying to change it. But it's not easy.
저는 성격이 내성적인 것이 단점입니다. 어머니는 저에게 조심스러운 성격은 그렇게 나쁘지 않다고 위로해 주시기는 합니다만, 여러 가지 점에서 손해지요. 고치려고 생각합니다만, 쉽사리 고쳐지지 않습니다.
- I'm afraid I'm a little impatient. My friends give me pieces of advice because I'm angry about trifle things.
네, 저는 성격이 조금 급한 것이 결점입니다. 그래서 조그만 일에도 화를 잘 내기 때문에 남한테서 충고를 듣는 일이 자주 있습니다.
- I often from a hasty conclusion. I do it through I know that I have to listen to the other person to the end. I am blamed for my lack of composure. But it's not easy to change it.
저의 결점은 지레 짐작하는 것입니다. 상대가 하는 말을 다 듣고 판단하지 않으면 안 된다는 것을 알고 있으면서 그만 혼자 지레짐작해 버립니다. 그래서 가족으로부터 자주 침착성이 없는 사람이라 비난을 받습니다만, 잘 고쳐지지 않습니다.
- I am always shy in the presence of strangers. When in elementary school, I was even shy of my teacher. Though I'm much better now, I'm still flushed. But I have no trouble with that.
저는 저음 만나는 사람 앞에서는 수줍어하는 버릇이 있습니다. 초등학교 때에는 선생님 앞에 나가도 왜 그런지 부끄러워서 혼났습니다. 지금은 상당히 나아졌습니다만, 그래도 얼굴이 빨개지는 것은 옛날과 다름없습니다. 그러나 행동이나 활동하는 데는 아무런 지장도 없습니다.
3) how about your personality?
what kind of personality do you think you have?
당신은 어떤 성격의 소유자라고 생각 하십니까 ?
- I am a bit hot tempered and I approach things very enthusiastically, and I dont like to leave something half-done. it makes me nervous. I can't concentrate on something else until the first thing is finished.
저는 성격이 조금 급하며 매사에 적극적으로 달려드는 성격을 가지고 있습니다. 또 저는 일을 하다가 중간에 그만 두는 것을 아주 싫어하는 성격입니다. 일을 하다가 그만두면, 거기에 신경이 쓰여 견딜 수가 없습니다. 그래서 저는 하던 일을 마저 하지 않고는 다른 일에 정신을 쏟지 않습니다.
* 나는 성미가 급하다 I am short-tempered(I have a short temper)
4) Would you describe yourself as outgoing or more reserved ?
당신은 자신의 성격이 활달한 편이라고 생각하십니까, 아니면 수줍어하는 편이라고 생각 하십니까 ?
- Well, I'm not very outgoing, so I guess you would have to say I am a fairly reserved person.
저는 외향적이 아닙니다. 저는 매우 수줍어하는 편입니다.
- I am not really sure. Maybe partly both.
저도 잘 모르겠습니다. 어쩌면 양쪽 모두 조금씩은 가지고 있는 것 같습니다.
5) Do you think you are more outward looking or more inward looking ?
당신은 자신의 성격을 외향적이라고 생각하십니까, 내향적이라고 생각하십니까?
- Well, sometimes i want to be by myself, but most of the time I prefer being with a group of people, so I guess you would say rather outgoing, I was very active in my university club.
네, 어떨 때는 혼자 있고 싶을 때도 있습니다만, 보통은 여러 사람들과 함께 있는 것을 좋아합니다. 그래서 저는 제 자신을 외향적이라고 생각하고 있습니다. 대학 써클에서도 아주 활동적이었거든요.
- I like being around people and doing things with people, so outgoing, I guess.
사람들과 어울려서, 함께 일하기를 좋아하니까 외향적인 편이라고 생각합니다.
6) Are you more of a follower or a leader ?
당신은 다른 사람들의 말에 따르는 편입니까, 아니면 사람들을 리이드 하는 편입니까 ?
- I don't try to get in front of people and lead them, particularly. I would rather cooperate with everybody else, and get the job done by working together.
특별히 사람들 앞에 나서서 그들을 리이드 하는 타입은 아닙니다. 그러기보다는 오히려 모든 사람들과 협력해서 일을 해 나가려고 하는 타입입니다.
7) What would you say are some of your faults and strong points ?
당신은 어떤 장점과 단점을 갖고 있다고 생각 하십니까 ?
- Well, I am afraid I am a poor talker, and that isn't very good, so I have been studying how to speak in public. I suppose a strong point is that I like developing new things and ideas.
저는 말이 좀 서툰 것이 흠입니다. 그래서 그러면 안 되겠다고 생각되어, 지금은 화술을 배우고 있습니다. 또한 제 장점이라면 새로운 물건이나 아이디어를 개발해 내는 것이라고 생각하고 있습니다.
8) What makes you angry?
무엇이 당신을 화나게 합니까?
- It makes me angry when people aren't honest with me. I don't understand why some people have to lie all the time.
사람들이 나에게 정직하지 않을 때 저는 화가 납니다. 왜 어떤 사람들은 늘 거짓말을 해야 하는지 저는 이해할 수 없습니다.
9) What inspires you?
무엇이 당신을 감격시키나요?
- When I see people being passionate about what they do and really care about. I like seeing them get into it.
사람들이 그들이 하는 것에 대해 열정적이고 정말로 관심을 갖는 것을 볼 때입니다. 저는 그들이 그러한 기분에 빠지는 것을 보기 좋아합니다.
* inspire : 기운나게 하다, 격려하다
10) Tell me what your worst habit is.
당신의 가장 나쁜 습관이 무엇인지 말해주시오.
- My worst habit is probably the telephone. I know people who are really good at having a five-minute conversation but I can't do that. If it's a friend, I want to talk for an hour. I spend a lot of time on the phone.
저의 가장 나쁜 습관은 아마 전화입니다. 정말로 5분간 통화하는데 익숙한 사람들을 알고 있지만 저는 그럴 수 없습니다. 만일 친구라면 한 시간 동안 얘기를 하고 싶습니다. 저는 전화하는데 시간을 많이 소비합니다.
11) Tell me about your strengths and weaknesses.
자신의 장점과 단점을 이야기하시오.
- I am quick learner in learning languages, but my computer experience is somewhat limited. However, I recently took a weeklong training program on using the MAC and I'm looking forward to building on the skills I learn.
저는 외국어를 배우는 데는 소질이 있지만 컴퓨터 경력은 약간 짧습니다. 그러나 최근 일주일간 맥을 사용하는 연수 프로그램을 받았으며, 제가 배웠던 그 기술이 더 향상되기를 기대합니다.
12) What personal characteristics are necessary for success in your chosen field?
당신이 선택한 분야에서 성공을 하려면 어떤 성격이 필요하다고 생각하십니까?
- I believe that honesty and hard work are necessary for success in