어휘 근거는 고2 모의고사 문제와 EBS영문법특강, 200제를 기준으로 잡았습니다.
어휘 실력이 부족한 학생들에게 적합할 것이고,
또한 예제를 준비하여 이해를 더욱 높이려고 노력했습니다.....
1. appeal 간청하다, 호소하다, (마음에)와닿다;
ex) * He said he would appeal after being found guilty on four counts of murder.
* The design has to appeal to all ages and social groups.
* I am appealing on behalf of the famine victims.
2. differ ~와 다르다(from)
ex) * French differs from English in this respect.
* Ideas in childcare may differ considerably between the parents.
* Each drawing differs only slightly from the drawing that comes before it and the one that comes after it.
3. generate (아이를)낳다, ~를 만들다, 생성하다
ex) * We need someone to generate a new ideas.
* The proposal has generated a lot of interest.
* This has become increasingly computer-generated recently.
4. ban 금지하다
ex) * Chemical weapons are banned internationally.
* She`s been banned from leaving Greece while the allegations are investigated.
* He was banned from driving for six months.
5. nutritious 영양분이 풍부한
ex) * Peanuts are nutritious and many kinds enjoy the taste of them.
6. manage ~을 관리/경영하다, ~을 잘 해내다
ex) * I don`t now exactly how we`ll manage it, but we will, somehow.
* We managed to get to the airport in time.
* We need people who are good at managing.
7. furthemore 더욱이
ex) * He said he had not discussed the matter with her. Furthemore, he had not even contacted her.
8. poverty 가난, 결핍
ex) * Many elderly people live in poverty.
* There is a poverty of color in her work.
9. rush 돌진하다, 급하게 가다
ex) * We`ve got plenty of time; there`s no need to rush.
* I`ve been rushing around all day trying to get everything.
* Ambulances rushed the injured to the hospital.
10. seem ~인 것 같다,
ex) * It seems that they know what they`re doing.
* It seems only reasonable to ask students to buy a dictionary.
11. productive 생산적인
ex) * My time spent in the library was very productive.
12. cozy 편안한, 안락한
ex) * I felt warm and cozy sitting by the fire.
* The firm has a cozy relationship with the Ministry of Defence.
* The hotel where we stayed was comfortable and cozy.
13. apply 적용하다, 지원하다, 신청하다
ex) * He has applied to join the army.
* The new technology was applied to farming.
* Anyone who is interested in the job is advised to apply before next Tuesday.
14. messy 뒤범벅의, 혼란된, 불결한
ex) * The house was always messy.
* The divorce was painful and messy.
* My fellow citizens, I promise that I will help to clean up this city from its messy state.
15. arrest 체포하다, ~을 만류하다
ex) * A man has been arrested in connection with the robbery.
* Five people were arrested for drug-related offences.
16. opportunity 기회
ex) * You`ll have the opportunity to ask any questions at the end.
* At least give him the opportunity of explaining what happened.
17. attentive 주의 깊은, ~을 경청하는
ex) * The hotel staff are friendly and attentive.
* He stood on the sidelines and watched the game attentively.
18. respond 응답하다, 반응하다
ex) * I asked him his name, but he didn`t respond.
* When asked about the company`s future, the director responded that he remained optimistic.
19. comment 논평, 설명, 언급
ex) * She made helpful comments on my work.
* Have you any comment to make about the cause of the disaster?
* He handed me the document without comment.
20. stray 길을 잃다, 방황하다, 안절부절하다
ex) * Her parents fear that, living in this neighborhood, she might stray into the wrong company.